31.3.22

God is ONE and His name is JESUS

The real name of Jesus
Have you noticed how many different versions of the name "Jesus Christ" are out there? Probably just as many versions as there are perversions of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
So, in this article, I want to set the record straight:
God is ONE and his name is JESUS.

When God Almighty dwelled in a tent made of hands Exodus 33:7, with the fleshly children of Israel, Israel turned her back against God and rebelled against Him by going after other gods. Most High God rebuked them and prophesied the following:

Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 17 “Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own ways and deeds; to Me their way was like the uncleanness of a woman in her customary impurity. 18 Therefore I poured out My fury on them for the blood they had shed on the land, and for their idols with which they had defiled it. 19 So I scattered them among the nations, and they were dispersed throughout the countries; I judged them according to their ways and their deeds. 20 When they came to the nations, wherever they went, they profaned My holy name—when they said of them, ‘These are the people of the Lord, and yet they have gone out of His land.’ 21 But I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations wherever they went.

22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes. 24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25  Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. Ezekiel 36

God told Israel that He scattered them among the nations (all over the world) because they had rebelled against Him. When Israel was scattered, they profaned the name of the Lord God wherever they went. This does not  mean that they used His literal name but that they profaned Him, who He is, by how they behaved. 

And because God had "concern for His holy name" He said that He would "sanctify His great name" so that "the nations shall know that He is the Lord,” And all the nations would see this “when He is hallowed in the new Israel (the born again children of God) before the eyes of the nations"

God was going to be hallowed in the midst of all the gentile nations in His children, and everyone would know that He is the Lord God. How was He going to do that?

He said He would "take us from among the nations, gather us out of all countries, and bring us into our own land. Then He would sprinkle clean water on us, and we shall be clean" 

He would cleanse us therefore from all our filthiness and from all our idols. (So we no longer profane the name of the Lord)  and to help us not to profane His name again, He would give us a new heart and put a new spirit within us" So that we can "walk in His statutes and keep His judgments and do them."

So let's take a look at more scriptures to see how God sanctified and hallowed His name among the nations and cleaned us up at the same time!

Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations. 32 Not for your sake do I do this,” says the Lord God, “let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel!” Ezekiel 36

In Mark 3we read that John came and baptised people unto repentance. He cried out: 

“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!” 3 For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying:
“The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
Prepare the way of the Lord;
Make His paths straight.
’ ”

John called people to repentance so that we "remember our evil ways and our deeds that were not good; and will loathe ourselves in our own sight, for our iniquities and our abominations."  Repentance is a change of mind - turning away from our own selfish ways toward the Lord God and His ways. 

We are to turn from our crooked, wicked ways and straighten the path for God Most High to come to us and dwell in us. Back then God came to dwell with them, but after the resurrection He now dwells in us. John 14.17

People remembered their wicked ways as mentioned in Ezekiel 36 and turned from their sins and repented. Then the Christ was made visible/manifested to the people when He was baptised in water and John saw "the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him":

I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.”32 And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him. 33 I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.” John 1

And it was this Son of God who was the Christ, who came in the name of the Father (John 5:43) to glorify the Father John 17:1 and to "sprinkle clean water on us" to clean us from all our filthiness and from all our idols.

However, the Son is not separate from the Father, quite the opposite is true, the Son and the Father are One (Spirit). But when Holy Spirit (God Most High) dwelled in heaven and on earth at the same time, He became Father/Son (2 Samuel 7)

He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. 15 But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you. 16 And your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever.”

That is why the Pharisees wanted to stone Jesus, because they knew from the scriptures, that the Son would come forth from the Father, they knew that the Son would be God Himself. 

You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,
“And My servant whom I have chosen,
That you may know and believe Me,
And understand that I am He. 
Before Me there was no God formed,
Nor shall there be after Me.
11 I, even I, am the Lord,
And besides Me there is no savior. Isaiah 43

Not only was He [Jesus] breaking the Sabbath, but He was even calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. John 5.18

33“ We are not stoning You for any good work,” said the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God.” John 10

Going back to Ezekiel 37, the Lord prophesied:

Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them, and it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; I will establish them and multiply them, and I will set My sanctuary in their midst forevermore. 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them; indeed I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 28 The nations also will know that I, the Lord, sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.” ’ 

The sanctuary of peace the Lord talks about is of course the One who came from above,

Behold, the Man whose name is the BRANCH!
From His place He shall branch out,
And He shall build the temple of the Lord;
13 Yes, He shall build the temple of the Lord.
He shall bear the glory,
And shall sit and rule on His throne;
So He shall be a priest on His throne,
And the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

He shall branch down from heaven and dwell in a temple not made with hands, He shall sit on His throne in this temple (which is us) and the council of peace shall be between Him the bridegroom and His bride (children of God) 

The Christ, the bread that came from above (John 6. 32/33) came forth from the Father to dwell among us; this was not a separate entity to God, but God Himself, who had sanctified Himself, so that He would dwell in heaven and on earth at the same time.   

19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth

God had sanctified Himself, came to earth in a flesh of no reputation, dwelled among us, gave Himself the name of JESUS and spoke Truth. So you see, the Word of God that became flesh, was not a separate person (a 2nd person of the trinity) but it was God Himself in flesh who spoke and was glorified on earth!

 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [...]  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1 

Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2

Those who are of God, meaning His lost sheep, who would have never rebelled against Him would they have stayed in the garden, hear the words of God (the Gospel) and believe. That is why Jesus says is John 12: 

As for anyone who hears My words and does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I have not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48There is a judge for the one who rejects Me and does not receive My words: The word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. 

And it is through faith alone in His words and ultimately His grace and God Himself, that we become reconciled to God again and keep His words.  

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God Ephesians 2:8 

Are you one one His Lost Sheep?

I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. 8 For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me. John 17

The Lord manifested Himself on earth, veiled in flesh, dwelled among us and spoke. And those who are His, have heard His words and believed that the Son came forth from the Father, that the Son was in the Father and the Father in the Son, and that Father/Son was One and the same. 
Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. John 14

It was important to Jesus that we would believe that the Father was in the Son and the Son also in the Father, as this pointed to the spiritual constellation of God Almighty being in heaven and earth at the same time. And when He was on earth, He created a sanctuary (established His throne and kingdom on earth) that whoever believes in Him may enter into that kingdom. 

You see, that is why His name is so important. It holds the power of God in heaven to do the works on earth. As the prayer says 

‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. 10Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.. Mark 6.9

There is power in the name of JESUS because it is through our faith in the Gospel, that the Father in heaven can work through us on earth. We can heal the sick (if they have faith), raise the dead, cast out demons in His name, prophecy. Even those who do not believe in Jesus can cast out demons in His name!

Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness. Matthew 7

God gave Himself a literal name by which we (being in the flesh) can be reconciled back to God through faith in what this name stands for. So you see, the name is two fold. The name stands for what God Almighty did for us on earth on the cross, and by believing in this name and speaking it, we are born again and the Lord can work through us here on earth. And that is how His holy name is sanctified in Jesus and hallowed in us. 

" And I will sanctify My great name [...] and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes" Ezekiel 36

Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. John 17

So you see, the name of God Almighty is the name of the Son, which is JESUS. Because when God JESUS (remember what this name stands for) had fulfilled the law through His love (SELF sacrifice John 15.13), He went back to heaven and sat down at the right hand of God, meaning that JESUS (our sanctuary) is now reigning forever, His sanctuary is forever and as long as He lives and reigns, so will we also live with Him, when we are IN Him. 

If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1

To sit at the right hand of God does not mean He is literally sitting in His own little throne next to His dad (sorry about that, but it is so ridiculous and shameful!) It has a spiritual meaning, take all things to JESUS the Christ...

“For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:‘ The Lord said to my Lord,“ Sit at My right hand,35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ’36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Hopefully now, people will also see that to be baptised in the name of Jesus does not mean to be baptised in literal water but in the Living Water JESUS

Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Ezekiel 36.25

... but more on this subject in another post 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Before posting, remember, God is watching you.